You've bound to have heard one of these terms if you are an expat in Singapore. Just across the border in Malaysia (about 60 km in) is the Claytan store. Some people call it the "Malaysian dishes" and others refer to it as the "Spode store." It's been on my bucket list for quite some time. Due to work, I have been unable to go with any numerous groups of friends. I finally found a good day. I have US holidays off from work and (with the exeption of Thanksgiving and Christmas) my children do not (they have off the Singaporean holidays). Additionally, Jeremy (who also has off) was actually in town.
The signs from the road:
The "inside" of the store:
What I did NOT buy:
What I DID buy:
My receipt:
I purchased 12 dinner plates, 12 salad plates, 12 cereal bowls, 12 Chinese spoons, 3 serving platters, and 2 serving bowls with lids for 259.40 RM, which came to approximately $69.78 usd.
Claytan is apparently a good enough company that Spode "orders" inventory. This was one of my questions to one of the ladies upon arrival. I was curious why a store "like that" in the "middle of no-where" in the "middle of Malaysia" would have Spode.
How to get there--can go either from the Tuas or Woodlands Checkpoints. Just follow the signs for "Kuala Lumpur." It's the only highway from point to point. You will eventually find yourself on the A3 to KL. Exit at 245 (Machap) and go through the toll. Continue to stop sign and turn right (it's a T). It will be on the left, about 5 minutes down the road. (You will need to pass a little amusement park called Tropical Jungle.) If you continue down that road a few minutes more, you will get into the town.
No comments:
Post a Comment