2018

2018
2018 California

Sunday, 2 December 2012

We have a new blog...

The SHORT story:

We have a new blog.  You can still catch up with our old one, or go back and "re-live" at:

http://thedastrupdish.blogspot.com

The LONG story:

Since creating our family blog back in 2007 (in Georgia), Blogger/Blogspot has teamed up with Picasa Web Albums to hold all the post information.  I ran out of the the free 1GB of storage about a week or two ago.  Options at this point are to go into Picasa Web and resize 2450 pictures to be less than 800x800 pixels.  Tried this, 15 pictures took 45 minutes.  Anyone with that much time can get their free space back by doing this because those smaller sizes are not counted towards memory.  Other option is to pay $2.49 a month to increase the memory size.  Not that that is expesive, but that sure does add up over many, many years.  Also, once you decide you want to stop paying for it, it will delete all pictures.  This would normally mean "hooray, now I have more storage space."  No, the disclaimer which you have to dig for and only affects blog account holders is that you will lose the pictures on your blog AND on your hard-drive.  Problem.

It seems the only solution was to create a new blog.  I had to also have a new e-mail account (which I opened only for this problem and not to also change all my e-mail communications), so that I begin a new Picasa Web Album empty with another 1GB of space.  I thought it would be fun to copy and paste everything from the old blog beginning from our arrival here in Singapore.  Not an easy solution.  Can copy the words, would have to re-upload all the pictures.  As I toggled back and forth between the two blogs on the same computer, the user names kept switching and I had to log out and sign in again with the right names and passwords with the right blogs.  Choosing not to do that.

And so, we begin anew...right off from the other week.  Exhale.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I get the feeling that Google/Blogger are not on my side. I love your solution to the problem :)

    ReplyDelete