2018

2018
2018 California

Monday, 22 April 2013

Day 4--on the move in Bali

The one thing that I was "itching" to do was go shopping.  I got to do a little bit.  (My favorite find was later in the week and I think I'll do a separate post when we get back from India of all the favorite things that we've purchased in our different travel locations.)

Here's a couple pictures of the city center of Ubud:

This is a village weaving store that we stopped at in hopes of finding a really, really big vase.  No such luck, but did get a $2 hat and perused the purses:

Once the morning was done. we used our "regular" driver for a drive down to the beaches of Nusa Dua in Bali.  As much as we all loved the local food, it was great to stop by McDonald's right before the hotel:






We had dinner at this great place just down the road, recommended by some friends in Singapore who'd eaten there.  It had a large menu and was very kid-friendly (sometimes a rarity in SE Asian countries for families with semi-picky American kids):
Sarah had this "dish."  All the items on the page come on one plate (all Balinese food!) and roughly came out to USD $14.50.



No comments:

Post a Comment