My nephew (Jeremy's sister's son) is getting baptized very soon. As a gift, we'd sent a keepsake baptismal book (for autographs, pictures, letter, documents, etc.). My sister-in-law asked me if my two girls, who've already been baptized, could sent Jackson a letter reminiscing about their day. Parker and McKenna wanted to participate in the activity. Before I put the letters in the mail, I took a picture of each for my own keepsake.
Allison wrote (excuse the techical difficulties on the sideways view):
Dear Jackson,
I'm so glad you decided to get baptized. By getting baptized you are one step closer to living with Heavenly Father forever! I remember when I was baptized. Descending the steps in to the warm, clear water. Taking my dad's hand. Hearing the words of the prayer as the words of my Heavenly Father. Finally, I was fully immersed, and when I came up I was forgiven of my sins. I was pure and clean. When I was ready, I walked in front of all the people attending in my white baptism dress. The dress was white and elegant, made by my Grandma Wood. Near the end, I sat in a chair at the very front. Some priesthood holders gathered around me. They put their hands on me and gave me the blessing of the Holy Ghost. I use the Holy Ghost to make the right decisions, and I know you will, too! Each Sunday you can become pure and clean again if you remember your baptismal covenants. I know I will remember my baptism for eternity. Hope you have a special day!!!
Love,
Allison Dastrup
Madison's says:
Dear Jackson,
I am so happy for you because that is choosing the right thing to do. I remember when I was baptized. I was so excited! It was two years ago! The water was warm and it was on a Saturday. I ate cookies at my baptism. They were shaped as a butterly and flowers. they were so good. A lot of my friends and family came. I got two presents. One from my friends which was a rooster made out of yarn and from my family, the scriptures. Most people get them when they get baptized.
Love,
Madison
Parker says:
Dear Jackson,
I will get baptized next year.
From,
Parker
McKenna drew:
No comments:
Post a Comment