2018

2018
2018 California

Friday, 27 March 2015

Langkawi

Jeremy went to Langkawi, Malaysia (an island at the northern most part of Malaysia in where you can see parts of Thailand) for work.  We had been as a family a couple years ago.  Jeremy went for the "every other year" LIMA (Langkawi International Maritime Airshow).  It's a big deal as it is the largest in the Asia region.

He suggested that I join him.  First, let's remember that I earn 1/2 the amount of leave that he does and I just took off 3 weeks.  Second, let's talk about how much preparation it takes for me to leave (home and work).  So, after quite a bit of coaxing, I told him that if he could find me a US $100 round-trip flight, I'd go.  The flight is only 1-1/2 hours, but I was very surprised an hour later when he came back with the answer that he found one for US $125.

Off I went to share a hotel room already paid for, a rental car all ready paid for, and meals off of his travel per diem.  Pretty good.  Set instructions from me:  let me sit by the beach in quiet.  Best mental break ever!  Did not get through the 7 magazines I brought.  Did get a three-hour spa treatment, a dip in the pool, a local foot massage, a local Indian dinner, a hotel dinner buffet and a view of the island from the cable car.  (Stayed at Meritus Pelangi-which was pretty nice.)


















No comments:

Post a Comment