2018

2018
2018 California

Saturday, 15 August 2015

Allison's Summer Job

During the summer, I was a paid intern for six weeks at the Gym on the U.S. Navy base. For the majority of those six weeks, I was cleaning and maintaining the gym for patron use. This would include mopping a basketball court, wiping down all equipment in both the hot room and cold room twice a day, sweeping a tennis court, wiping windows and door, and much more. I also had the chance to stay at the desk and welcome patrons, check ID's, fill out daily usage reports, call people who had overdue items that they borrowed, make golf reservations, and organize binders. And because I was a teen intern, every morning I could attend a fitness class each day of the week. Some of the classes ranged from yoga to kickboxing to circuit training. At the very end of these six weeks, I had to present about my experience and my project to the Captain of the Navy Base.


No comments:

Post a Comment