2018

2018
2018 California

Sunday, 8 September 2013

Back to School Nights

Each one of our kids had a separate "Back to School Night" a couple weeks after school started.  Jeremy and I endured the more-than-three-hour-long one for Allison.  We attended a 45-minute meeting about her annual, mandatory CWW trip.  In middle school, each year and each grade, attends a three-day, two-night trip to another nearby country (no airplanes).  These meetings are always a little interesting with the "specific-to-my-child-only" questions at the end.  For example:  Do I need to give my child's bug spray to the school nurse?  (My answer:  Ummm, what grade is your child in, again?!) to Will the extra security at the resort be carrying weapons?  (My answer:  Ummm, who are you and what in the world do you do for work that this would be necessary?!)  We then met with each and every teacher for a 10-minute presentation in each respective classroom, with five-minute breaks for changes between.

Madison's night was less dramatic and more relaxed by a period to free flow throughout the specials teachers.  It was followed by a mandatory meeting in her classroom for her teacher to set us straight on schedules and expectations.  We were also given instruction on the new math program and how to navigate the websites for this.

Parker's night is the one that I always look forward to.  When the kids are in the younger grades, you always know that they've been working on artwork to decorate the classroom.  I took pictures with my camera phone in a semi-darkened room.  However, I was able to get Parker to "translate" the things I could not get good clear pictures of.

First Grade Rules:
1.  No being mean to the teacher.  (this is very important.)
2.  No biting.  (maybe?)
3.  (not sure of)
I am good at writing stories:
First Day Worries:
I was worried about a witch turned the school invisible and that I will be lost.  (Grammatical errors left intact but spelling corrected.)
(They each had a different plant.)
Parker
I am a snap plant.
I am from Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment